How to apply for the permit of stay


The visa issued by the Italian Representative is a permission to enter Italy. To stay for the duration of your studies it is mandatory to apply for the residence permit (permit of stay).

A residence permit/permit of stay is not required for business, tourism, short visits or study, provided that the stay does not exceed 3 months. EU nationals do not need a residence permit to stay in Italy.

More information here:

On this webpage: you can check when your permit of stay card is ready and you may collect it form the Questura